Sign in to follow this  
Jason Phillips

Online Parade Night Etiquette

Ladies and Gentlemen

Please take the time to read the rules and regulation below, with regards to Online Parade Nights and Lessons.

Stay seated and stay present
It may be tempting to carry on a side conversation during a dull moment in a meeting, but don’t do it as You might miss out on key information or an opportunity to give input.
If you’re using your webcam, please: sit up straight, don’t make big movements and try not to let your eyes wander too much.

No food allowed
Make sure to eat a snack before your virtual meeting. It not nice to see or hear you eating while discussing important matters, It’s distracting and you won’t be able to focus on the task at hand.

Speak up
First of all, when you enter the meeting announce yourself so we can mark you as present on our register, when you attend on the meeting, wait for a gap in conversation to introduce yourself and say hi.

Secondly, don’t be afraid to speak loudly during a virtual meeting. Your team will appreciate being able to hear you without having to strain their ears.

Mute your microphone when you’re not talking
There’s nothing more frustrating than hearing that alien echo noise from conflicting microphones. If you’re working anywhere that has a lot of background noise, make sure to keep your microphone muted when you’re not speaking so
it gives other participants the ability to chime in and share their thoughts without distraction.

Be aware of your surroundings
When jointing the meeting please try and be aware of what’s around
You. It’s lovely to see that the family are keeping safe and well, however where possible try to find a bit of space to yourself. I know this is not always possible when you share a computer. So we can actually see who’s taking, think about where you are and if there is enough lighting.
Please try and keep what’s visible in the camera as appropriate as possible.

. This means:

TV’s and Radio’s that are on in the background if possible on very low or switched off please

• No beds (unmade or made) in the Background

• No messy rooms or open closets where everyone can see your clutter.

• keep your desk to back ground as plain as possible (i.e. no posters or slogans that some may find offensive.)

Dress appropriately

While we’re not expecting you to be in uniform, please be mindful of what your wearing. (i.e. No slogans)

Recording

So all participants are aware all Microsoft Team Meeting are recorded for the protection of staff and cadets.

Regards
Mr J Phillips C.I